General Engineering General Contractor AC-32339
1. Concrete spall repairs
2. Concrete crack repairs
3. New Concrete Driveways
4. ADA Ramps
5. New Concrete sidewalks
6. Excavating, grading, and trenching
8. Irrigation and lawn sprinkler systems
9. Ornamental guardrail, and fencing
11. Sewer, drain and pipe laying
12. Solar Energy Systems
13. Deep foundations
14. New Foundations
15. Retaining Walls
16. Structural improvements
17. Drainage improvements
18. Probe & Grout Void Filling
20. Tie-back ground anchors
Minor Carpentry Services
1. Preventive Manintance
2. Handyman Services
Engineering & Project Management
was designed to serve as an extension of the Property Management, Board of Directors, Owners, Lenders and Equity Investors. UNIVERSAL MATRIX staff of professionals is equipped to ensure that established goals of quality, scope, budget and schedule are met. Our role and responsibilities are separate and distinct from the engineers and constructor. We are your construction manager with your best interests as our driving force.
Our clients either require about Infill-Management, or prefer to outsource their entire development program to our Construction Project Management Team. UNIVERSAL MATRIX is equipped to provide professionals to manage either the complete effort or any portion requiring our expertise. UNIVERSAL MATRIX assists our clients in becoming knowledgeable regarding all issues and provides guidance with respect to helping our clients be more effective when making management decisions. We offer varying levels of participation beginning before design and continuing through construction and occupancy (see below). Regardless of UNIVERSAL MATRIX level of involvement, our goal is to create an atmosphere of cooperation throughout the design, construction and post-construction phases of the project. We are qualified to provide the following construction management services:
- Conduct a conceptual meeting to understand the project goals.
- Assist with planning, zoning, building, utility company and health department requirements.
- Assist with architect and engineer selections, as well as negotiations of contracts.
- Assist with site selection and/or analysis.
- Engage consultants to prepare the required site survey, soils analysis and environmental surveys.
- Call and chair the design coordination meetings.
- Document and report the results of these meetings.
- Monitor estimates of cost during each phase of design.
- Conduct on-going value engineering reviews to maximize scope.
- Perform peer review of your design consultants to ensure appropriate design.
- Undertake a constructability review prior to release of documents to bidders.
- Market the project to attract the best-qualified contractors.
- Conduct the pre-bid conference.
- Lead or assist with the bid opening.
- Review and spread the bids and make award recommendations.
- Lead or assist with contract preparation and negotiations.
- Conduct the pre-construction conference.
- Call and chair the regular project team meetings.
- Document and report project status.
- Maintain the project budget.
- Monitor the progress and quality of construction.
- Review and negotiate change orders.
- Monitor MBE/WBE/DBE due diligence and certified payroll recording.
- Secure required close-out documents from the contractor.
Installation of utilities
We make sure we have all the required C&C permits, approved plans and State of Hawaii Permits on hand before we do any work.
Included in the installations:
- Excavate trench for installation of utilities. (Note: depth of trench varies according to plans detail and according to minimum coverage depth).
- Install pipe cushion (granular fill material) to help protect pipes.
- Install utility pipes.
- Backfill trench back to existing grade.